Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Documenting Life



Breaking up the blog silence!
I have much to share, and hope you will all bear with me!

These images just make my heart soar.  I love the emotion and the interacting between siblings.
I have read several articles lately about capturing life.  As photographers, it's not always about dressing the best and posing the best.  Sometimes it's just as important to document real life.
There was a time when I wasn't sure I wanted to take pictures of my family.
I know several photogs that won't.  They refer them out...
But I have recently felt an urgency to do just that.  Capture the people I love the most.
I started with my grandparents (Maybe I'll share them someday?  Very personal pictures)
My brother's babies...my sister's family...
I have been trying to get my parents for a while.  They finally agreed.
 And I am SO glad they did.  I had funny memories in my arsenal in case there were any akward moments where they didn't know what to do, and I didn't know what to tell them...that didn't happen at ALL!
If anything, I think they felt comfortable because it was "just Marissa."
I was able to really capture who they are.
I love these...mostly because it's my parents being real, not because I took them.  We printed a large one of the image above and it hangs in their home.  I never get tired of looking at it, because it's them...being them.


I am even getting to the point where I want more pictures of me with the girls. 
(Which is very difficult-hard to be on the other side of the camera)
Who cares if I have 20 lbs of post baby weight to lose (ok...25)?
I want those memories frozen in pictures.


[Peace out]

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE these so much Marissa!!!!!!! You will CHERISH these FOREVER!!!!!!! ♥

Post a Comment